Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sigh

On Sunday I saw a gaggle of dachshund puppies. Five puppies to be precise. Yes, they were out for a stroll with their mother at the waterfront park, lined up like ducks. Just when I thought animals couldn't get any cuter then dachshund puppies pretending to be ducks...

This week, I have been doing some job training with a person who is doing work on a farm. The first day on the job, the Farm's pig, Rosie, gave birth to eight piglets. Which would probably explain why she was the size of two pigs (I'm talking state fair quality). Here's where the cute tops the puppies. Today I got to hold a brand new baby piglet (2 days old) wrapped in a blanket. Pig in a blanket, yes please (too soon? Sorry)! For a second the wonderful life the pig and I could have together, flashed in front of my eyes...me and the pig getting coffee at the neighborhood shop...us running the stairs at MT. Tabor.. riding my bike together... sushi... trying on hats at thrift store...going to concerts... you know stuff like that. Anyways my pig pet vision was cut short by the sound of Rosie (the mother) grunting and oinking at me. I don't think she was mad, I think she was just trying to tell me that a 300 lbs pig would not like living in a city apartment. Or maybe she was mad (Don't worry Rosie, I don't like to eat pork). So anyways, I left the farm pig less, but walked away with a pig facts.
1. Did you know piglets stack on stop of each other to sleep (sort of like a dog pile...pig pile)
2. A domesticated pig has approximately 15,000 taste buds, which is more than any other mammal, including humans. Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment