Monday, March 8, 2010

Dear Vancouver Meter Maid


Dear Vancouver Meter Maid,
Why did you do it? You know I always pay my meter fair, you know better then anyone. Sometimes I even press the "20 minutes" free button for my fellow parked comrades (would it change your mind if I said "carmrades?" Just checking). You see today, I had a long coffeeless day, meter maid. I circled the block twice to find the parking spot right in front of the shop just so I could make it in before they closed. I ran in at 3:57 (3 minutes to spare mind you) and forgot to press the 20 minutes free button (for those of you who don't often venture into Vancouver, WA, they have the old timey meters... remember coins?). So anyways, there I was rushing to get to the coffee, when you silently crept (out of nowhere mind you) and left me a $15 fare (or shall I say unfair). You know I forgot to pay 5 cents this one time, you know my car just showed up for 3 short minutes. I'll I can say to you is if you were a Beatles song you would definitely not be "Lovely Rita (meter maid)" nope not even close. You'd probably be something along the lines of "Helter Skleter..." Yeah I said it. Shot through the heart and your to blame, you give meter maids a bad name.

Sincerely,
Emily PF Dart-McLean   

No comments:

Post a Comment