Tuesday, May 4, 2010

She Longed For a Denim Vest

And the guy in the car next to me, he was driving a 1979 Volvo station wagon, yellow. This is the exact car model that my best friend in high school used to drive... sans the duel EAT SHIT AND DIE bumper stickers on both backseat passenger windows. The drivers unkempt, long hair, showed just enough face to justify the bumper stickers. He wore a jean cut off vest, (light not dark denim). His snarl lasted for miles, just like the sound his motor made; loud and unpleasant. At the last moment I had a chance to peek in my review mirror at the older woman (say age 78) shaking her head in dismay behind me. I think she always wanted a jean vest, and longed for not one but two bumper stickers that read EAT SHIT AND DIE.

No comments:

Post a Comment