Saturday, September 18, 2010

Good Day Cider

Would you believe that today Alex and I are going to a real live cider pressing festival? The last time I ever attempted to press cider was when I was 5 years old in the backyard of my house. My siblings and I rigged up a pully system that was supposed to essentially smash the apples in a bowl (picture an anvil dropping in a cartoon). Well our anvil was not heavy enough to smash the apples, and the rope was too short to even touch the bowl. The day ended with a game switch to "We give you a drink that will cure your sickness, and you have to drink" (oh and by "we" I mean my sisters, and by "you have to drink this" I mean me, and I did have to drink whatever "this" was). "This" ended up being a bottle of apple vinegar (which looking back, was rather fitting for the situation). That is why my first attempt at cider turned into me sitting under the apple tree drinking a bottle of vinegar (thanks a lot). Don't worry, today I think the cider press is legit, and my siblings won't be there. Right? Right?


The Real question is which mugs to bring? The farmer asked attendants to bring their favorite mugs. Do we go with fun favorites? Or practical? What do you think?
Practical Favorites:
Fun Favorites:

1 comment:

  1. I think that when you have a mustache mug (with mustache protector!) the choice is already made.

    ReplyDelete