Monday, February 7, 2011

Confessions of Bobby Fisher...

(photo curtesy of Boylston Chess Club Weblog)
My Dad taught me how to play chess when I was a wee lass. Although a loyal member of the weekly Chess Club throughout elementary school (at one point president), I have a few things I must get off my chess-t. To Start, from the age of four to the age of seven, I referred to the game Chess, as Chest. Another thing, I originally joined the Chess club in response to the "free cookies and milk for everyone that attends" posters. One day in second grade, I only went to the Chess Club to show Josh Starnes the eye patch I got to wear after my concussion (1. he break danced. 2. why do you think I was suddenly wearing the patch after school?...Obviously, Josh the break dancer Starnes). That said, in third grade I did make it to round three of a chess tournament, what can I say, the hard work pays off.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I guess that settles the matter for what we'll do when we finally hang out with our Alexs. You two are officially challenged to a match (is couples chess a thing yet? It should be.)!

    ReplyDelete