Friday, February 14, 2014

Saint Valentine

Valentine's Day is upon us, and even with all the hubbub worked up by Hallmark,  I've always been fond of the day. Though me, and the lot of us often forget that Valentine's day is based on the Saint himself (take this moment to pour one out for your homey, if that's your thing). When I was kid, I loved decorating Valentine's Boxes, and the equity of the Elementary school tradition "that you had to give a every student in the class a Valentine" (twenty plus pieces of candy later, everyone is as happy as a Valentine's day clam). As I've gotten older, I've become a firm believer in celebrating love everyday...though Valentines day does fit in the category of "everyday!"  Today (and everyday) I'm lucky to have a sweet Valentine, who is smart, handsome, kind (the kindest), a real silly Billy, who slow dances with me to my favorite oldies in  our kitchens, and will talk with me in the morning about our dreams...the list goes on and on (swoon today, swoon tomorrow, swoon everyday). Happy Valentine's Day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment